A graphical CV can be found here and also on my application for Google In case you want to work together with me please also have a look at the list of people I admire and which I find truly inspiring. They reflect a large portion of my ethical values.
Currently I am a Webscience PhD student at the university of Koblenz. My academic advisor is Prof. Dr. Steffen Staab. Social news streams were my research interest before I switched over to Generalized Language Models.
I am holding a diploma in Mathematics and Vordiplom in Physics. My education was sponsored by the German National Academic Foundation which is Germany’s largest and most prestigious organisation sponsoring the academically gifted.
As a fellow of Language and professional training in peoples republic of China I spent 18 month in Beijing & Shanghai learning Chinese. Earlier I lived one year in the United States of America in Boston.
I am founder of the the German music related social network metalcon and advisor to the rock band In Legend.
I am very active in the movement of open and free knowledge. Thus I have publically signed the cost of knowledge. I have co-organized an open access event in Oxford and participated in both german open educational resources conferences. Also I have been creating a massive open Online course on Web Science as well as software infrastructure to give the user interface of Mediawiki an learning environment
- 2015 Introduction to Web Science
- 2015 (planned) – Information retrieval.
- 2014 – Massive Open Online Course on Web Science.
- 2013 – Massive Open Online Course on Web Science.
- 2013 – German high school student Akademie: How does a computer work?
- 2012 – German high school student Akademie: How does the internet work? On the traces of Tim Berners Lee
- 2001 / 2012 – University of Koblenz: Algorithms & Data structures
- 2011 – German high school student Akademie: How will my Website be as good as Facebook?
- 2009 – German high school student Akademie: Web2.0 and Data Mining – How does Google find what I am looking for and Amazon know what I am going to buy?
- 2007 – University of Mainz: Theoretical Physics II (Classical Mechanics)
- 2006 / 2007 – University of Mainz: Introduction to Programming
- 2006 Alogrithms II
(Invited) talks and seminars
- 2014 – #oerde14 talk about doing MOOCs on wikiversity.
- 2013 – FOSDEM neo4j supported scientific platforms
- 2012 – FOSDEM high performance social newsfeed architecture
- 2011 – Culture and Business: Podium discussion about do it yourself for musicians and artists.
- 2011 – Future Music Camp (Pop Academie): Talk on Search engine Optimization of Band websites:
Guest articles in other Blogs
- (German) 2013: Wikimedia Blog about online courses on wikiversity
- Mapping – OER (Wikimedia Foundation)
- since 2011: dzone.com member of most valued blogger program.
- 2011 / 2012 – allfacebook.de – Article series on facebook marketing for musicians part1, part2, part3, part4
- 2011 PhD Scholarship by the WeST institute at the university of Koblenz
- 2009-2010: Language and professional training in peoples republic of China
- 2005-2009: Full scholarship by German national Academic foundation.
- have a look at my github account
If you wish to contact me send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or find me under my real name in skype.